We’re glad you’ve chosen to be a Bricket Wood Alumni site member and have arrived at the “Members Only” area. We will continually work to insure this is as secure a website as possible by running a number of different security and spam prevention programs.
This page provides useful information about using the site. You may either manually enter your username and password or log in automatically by clicking the “Login with Facebook” button on the Log In / Out area. To automatically log in the email address entered at registration must match your Facebook email address. More selections are now available on the main menu. The Members Only area contains content (pictures, articles, videos, etc) which can only be viewed by registered members. Additionally we have discussion groups, a searchable membership directory and media galleries for the use of the members. Here are some of the main sections available:
- Profile – the profile is important to be able to provide an up-to-date Membership directory. Please edit your profile by clicking the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the site where is says “Howdy”. You can control the visibility of each field by clicking the word “Change” to the right of the visibility setting. By default all logged in members can view your information and only logged in members. These sections can be completed to provide members with your contact information and biography.
- Change Avatar – please upload a photo to use as your avatar for the site (logging in with Facebook will automatically download your avatar)
- Member Info – contains the information completed during registration and may be updated anytime
- Contact – mailing address and phone numbers. Please enter the Map Location field so we can locate you on the world map.
- Biography – let us know a little about what you’ve been up to since college.
- Activity – here you can see all the posts and updates made by members site-wide in reverse chronological order (newest first). You can use the “Show” drop-down to filter the display to show only the items of interest. You may also post to either your profile or any of your discussion groups by selecting the correct destination from the “Post in” drop-down.
- Discussions – you may join or leave any discussion group at any time by visiting the All Groups page. Additionally you can optionally choose to receive email notifications as posts are made or daily or weekly digests. You may add and reply to messages, post pictures, videos, or links to other web sites directly in the group activity stream. Currently these groups have been defined, but it is very easy for us to add addition groups as requested.
- Gallery – contains photos and videos organized by category. We are in the process of importing pictures from the Facebook albums to share on the site. All pictures in the gallery can be viewed larger by clicking the photo. You may also “Like” or add a comment to any photo. You are free to upload additional photos to the appropriate category. Please request a new category by posting in the support page,
- General Discussion – used to share any news or information of interest
- Prayer Requests – post prayer requests to notify the group members of your need
- Memorials – share new of a loved one’s passing and celebrate their life and contributions
- Support – for the alumni website to provide feedback, seek help, request features
There are many other features we will tell you about shortly including messages, notifications, and group chat.